Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM   #175
SkinnyG

Re: Johns 66

All my daily drivers have been lowered, and my current daily is a '77 C10 with 3" spindles, cut 1-ton springs, a flip kit out back, and a notched frame. It might be a 5/6 drop, I never really measured. I still haul lots of stuff, and certainly have opinions....

If you're not going to track the thing at all, don't waste your money on adjustable shocks and coilovers. Just get a quality name-brand set of lowering springs for a 2/4 drop and call it done. If you need to spend money, buy sway bars - they are worth it.

The only thing I would recommend is some helper air bags to assist carrying heavy stuff or hauling your trailer. You can air them up only when you need to.

One of my biggest things is: "I'm 300 miles north of nowhere, and I need X part." If the parts are all basically stock parts, you can get replacements anywhere.

But that's just my opinion.

My '61 will run a mostly stock-part suspension, but I will be doing a lot of cutting to get it sitting where I want.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is online now   Reply With Quote