View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 12:02 AM   #21
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Anyone have a SWB fleet, 2WD leaf springs & rear sport bumper? Could use some he

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
In lieu of buying the other style brackets, it looks like I can mount it as planned, but I need to drill the frame rail for the forward most hole. Post #1, image #3, I had the bracket positioned just like that and had the same issue shown in image #4 - there is not a hole in the frame for the forward most hole in the bracket. If I do this, it appears the bumper will be in the correct position. When I was test fitting the brackets, I also attached the bumper (loosely) to the brackets and it appeared to land in the right spot.

I do have two holes in the frame from the original step bumper, but the forward most hole is covered up by the bracket (just like the picture in post #8). What I will do is draw a line through the centerline of both holes in the frame and use that to locate the centerline of the forward most hole in the bracket for drilling of the frame.

I also need to flatten out the end of the bracket that attaches to the bumper as it is not flat and could damage my bumper as I tighten.

Once I get all of this done, I will report back the results.

Attachment 1870429
Fixing that bumper bracket is almost impossible, it can be flattened and rounded a bit but even then you can’t tighten up the nut or it will, unless perfect, dent the bumper. I recommend after doing what you can with it to just barely tighten up the bolt using a star washer to keep the nut “tight”
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote