View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
Matt_50

Rear bushings, bad springs

1950 Chevy 3100, cab all welded back up! Front suspension done! Ready for the rear before I drop in engine!! Woohoo!

Rain finally stopped so I'm back at it. Unfortunately I discovered my rear leafsprings are no good! I bought bushings and was all set to swap my axle out today but found that the leaf springs are worn away.

So I need a new rear suspension. I might...might.. know where a couple of springs are that..again..might.. be in good shape off what's left of a 47. My expectations are low though so I need some ideas if I'm gonna get springs, what should I do. I want a good idea on all my options, cheap and even pricey.

First..any good recommended kits?

Second, anyone got any factory springs?

Third, what sort of junkyard find ideas do we have? I was curious about using a spring set up where the springs are mounted on the side of the rail instead of under it? Arnt the TFs this way? I was eyeballing my c10s rear suspension but the 1950 is so wide in the rear in the frame. I'm worried my springs would be out to far for good clearance. Anyone use a c10 rear suspension before or know of anyone? What other rear suspensions can I use that a 10 bolt axle will bolt too?
Attached Images

Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote