View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Materman

finally joined.....

just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone here, I've been a lurker for quite a while and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the different builds going on, so, I finally became a member. Anyway, my ongoing projects are......

First off, Mater is my 1955 chevy 1.5 ton 4400 series, undergoing a complete restoration as of now, I'm taking auto body at the local votech and my instructor has been gracious enough to let me completely blow it apart and do a frame-off in the shop.
Future plans are disc brakes up front, 350 SBC (currently under construction) backed by the original sm420, I have an original GM built 11ft flatbed thats going on it. No,it won't be a hotrod by any means, but more of a long range hauler and work truck.

second is my daily driver, my 1969 GMC c1500 LWB with a 1963 305 v6 complete with plaid valve covers. it's pretty beat up but it gets me where I need to be. I have the original 305 v6 awaiting a rebuild, it spun a bearing last year.
Future plans are a rolling restoration, with the v6 getting rebuilt and then the th400 following suit, and also when funds allow, a gear vendors overdrive unit and front disc brake conversion. Again, won't be a hotrod, but it does need to go fast enough to not get run over!!!

and last, although not a truck, or even GM, I have an all original 1949 dodge coronet 4 door with just 69k on the odometer that I have just for fun.

now, you hotrod guys don't think ill of me yet, I do plan on getting future projects just for this purpose, like a 1955-59 chevy LCF and a 1973-80 swb that will likely get an ls swap, but these both are down the road.

sorry to be long winded, but I figured you guys might want to know what I'm about and what I have going on, not bad for a 20 year old I don't think!!!!!
Materman is offline   Reply With Quote