View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #44
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Starting the overall replacement of front suspension today :-) drop time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaStewySnipes View Post
In doing 4" up front and 5-6 in the rear. For the rear I have 4" drop leaf, need to order shackles. Hard part there is not many available for 2.25 leafs. Djm has some part# SH1012C2, ECE has some that are 1.5" drop bit I'm not sure exactly what I need to have a perfect level truck so havent bought some yet, even though about buying some 2.5 wide shackles and using two 1/8" washers to make it perfect, think cpp has some as well, do you know of any others? ECE said axle should be fine on a leaf truck after the rear drop because I will not be going more than 6" havent been able to confirm on my own yet. I will by next weekend and post up some pics, I slowed down on the work some because of a cold. Weather changing always gets me a head cold.
Yep, warm weather is about done. I'm not much familiar with drops. You may have to relocate your shock mounts at the rear, which I believe is the top mounts. ECE tells me the existing mount locations are fine with a 4" leaf drop, which may mean more than that requires a mod.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote