View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #60
rusty_67

Re: 'Wintergreen' 1969 GMC Build

Not to much to report, but I did get the Front sway bar finished. I also cleaned up, painted, and mounted the new power steering box. doing some behind the scenes work right now, cleaning up all the rear end/suspension parts. The more I work on this truck the more realize how much work it is to convert the leaf spring frame to coil. I have to locate and drill all the holes for the rear suspension crossmember (where the shocks mount), plus there are a bunch of extra support/stiffening brackets that have to be added. I got sick of grinding off all the rivets on the old frame to get all the parts I needed (my neighbours probably did too) so I just started blowing them out with my torch. It actually worked pretty good.

I placed a big order last week for a bunch of the remaining frame and engine parts. Will be going to pick that up on the long weekend. Then I think I've only got one more big order to have everything I need to finish. I'm sure there will be a few local parts runs, and of course I still need a box, but none the less, getting closer...
Attached Images

rusty_67 is offline   Reply With Quote