Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #1174
71K20chevy

Re: Crash's 69 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_OK View Post
It is one of the best driving engine/trans combos I have ever driven. Great drivability, great power, great gas mileage when compared the the original small block in my opinion. This will not be the last 4.8/5.3/6.0 swap that I will do. I have heard some bad things about the 4L60E on this board and others. I have not experienced any issues with the 4L60E, and I don’t think I have ever met anyone who has. Of course any transmission will have issues if abused or used in a manner not designed for it. For the purpose that I am using it, it seems just fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

My dad's '99 Silverado has a 5.3/4L60E in it, the tranny's blown up twice. He rebuilt it the first time, and a month later it blew up again. After he rebuilt it the second time, there were no problems, and that was 5 years ago...

It's my understanding that if you just upgrade the sunshell then that will make them stronger. I was contemplating either the 4L60 or the 80, but decided I'd probably go with the 60 since you don't have as much momentum it.

Thanks again!