View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #229
ricott

Re: 55 TF Stretched Cab/Fleetside/LSx/Trailblazer Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
You make this LS stuff look like Tinker Toys! Can't wait to hear it.
:
Thanks for the comment. The LS engines are pretty straight forward - especially after you have done it once - and have a good schematic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Looking good.
Hope you get it running soon.
Kim
Thanks Kim. I really hope to hear it run this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Ricky that was a great buy on the seats! Looking forward to start up.
Thanks AD. The seats and carpet will work great for this project. They are in storage now, but I hope to install them at some point this year (even if on a "temporary" basis). I am really thinking about heading up to your "metal meet" this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Man what I wouldn't give for 6 hrs a week to work on my truck. And I'd double that to have some of the LS knowledge you have locked away.

Can't WAIT to see the vid!
Thanks Bomp. I hear you on the 6 hours! Garage time is my relaxing time (mostly). Last year everything in the world seem to come first, and I always put this project off, waiting for "several days when I was going to hit it hard" that seem to never come. This year the wifey and I agreed that one afternoon/evening a week would be mine to work in the garage - there may be more, but at least I know that time is mine. For the next couple of months, Thursdays are it, so after work I head home and work in the garage until I'm tired, without any requests to do anything else. It will make me a lot happier camper!

Has a date for Clemdaddy’s get together been set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Kewl build
Thanks for stopping by. I love your surburban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
Looking forward to hearing her run!
I hope I have the video/AUDIO proof this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
just checking out your online pics. you know the hood is supposed to go over the ENGINE, not the ROOF, right? ha ha
looks good. are accy drive relocator brackets a necessity or more a personal preference thing? nice job anyway. can't wait to see the body come together. mine is still waiting.
That's funny. I'm covered up in junk in my garage right now, and even the roof of the truck is being used for storage. Once I get the engine running, I will move the chassis out of the garage to free up some space for welding.

As to your question about the brackets, my initial mock up looks like the "truck" pulley system would be too tight to use the Camaro duel fans. I really like that setup because it cools the GTO without ever a problem. Once I get the cab welded and installed, I will revisit the pulley system. If i can make the truck brackets fit, I will use them and give the "corvette" stuff back to the 58 Corvette project.

Last edited by ricott; 01-20-2015 at 02:50 PM.
ricott is offline   Reply With Quote