Thread: Resolved GMCPaul's no foreigners?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
davepl

Re: GMCPaul's no foreigners?

It clearly states on their checkout: "We do not ship outside the USA"

Their checkout form clearly ONLY supports the USA, and does not provide Canada even as an option. You say you "asked" them to ship to Canada, but if you just paid for USA shipping at a USA-only website and then put something in the comments field, I'm afraid you're overreaching.

Now if GMCPaul's had an international checkout and decided after the fact not to support it, as you kind of make it sound, that'd be different. But that's not the case.

Ever try to ship something to Canada? It's no fun. You need a customs broker, there's GST to contend with and collect, and frankly, it's a pain. Even shipping stuff to family is annoying and the stuff can sit at the border in a warehouse. If you pay for FedEx Next Day (ie: air) it's quick because FedEx does the brokerage, but you pay for that too.

If and when Canada wants to do business they'll make it easier. As it stands right now, they don't want to play. They should make it so that a US company can send stuff painlessly to you via UPS Ground at the same rate (and not require bilingual packaging) and then you'd be cooking. But that won't happen. So don't expect US vendors to jump through a bunch of hoops and complexity and cost just for 10% of the size of the US market.

I say all this being from Regina. I know the pain and the cost. Even sending birthday presents to my relatives is annoying. But it's all self-inflicted by Canada upon themselves...

Last edited by davepl; 02-26-2017 at 09:24 PM.