View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #240
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

The wife gave me a "Hall Pass" to do whatever I wanted for the afternoon yesterday; so naturally I worked on the blazer. The good news is I made more progress, the bad news is I found even MORE rust!!

As alway we pick up where I last left off. I got the replacement bed pillar trimmed up and tacked in. I had to make a simple home made patch to fill in the stake pocket since the rear pillar/bed patch was from a truck and blazers don't have stake pockets.

I don't know why but I could get the donor top bed panel to fit up to the original outer bed panel except on the rear curve. I thought that I had just cut the donor piece out too short, but when I put the original blazer top bed piece on it fit even worse. So I slit both panels and made them line up to each other.

So while my Muleman100 was welding in the donor bed pillar I was grabbing the top of the drivers side bed panel right behind the door. I felt something very familiar under there; MORE RUST! I looked solid from the top.

However from the bottom you can see a different story. I checked the complete underside of both the drivers and passengers side bed rails after this discovery and this is the last of the crusty rust hiding under the top bed rails.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote