View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #46
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
mdlackey, your transmission has a seperate bellhousing, correct?
The reason I ask is from what I can see in your pics you have a NV4500 trans.
I think we have 2 different kinds of transmission conversions going on in this thread.

jodydewey has a NV3500, (integral [spelling?] bellhousing)
mdlackey has a NV4500, (seperate bolt on bellhousing)

These are completely different transmissions so the crossmember and driveshaft specs will be different between the two, but the hydro clutch setups are almost identical.

NV4500; (notice the shift tower and crossmember mount) This is a 4x4 version but the only difference is the ouput shaft and output housing.

NV3500; (Had this one in my S-10, 4 sale for parts!LOL)

Bolt on shifter towers for the NV3500 above;

Newer style NV3500; (This one belongs to a buddy of mine)

I've also got a few pics of different hydro clutch setups, (in 67-72 trucks), I'm working on uploading them so I can post 'em here.

Stay tuned!
I agree with the NV3500 NV4500 stuff. When I saw the ring around the driveshaft yoke area on the pictures that spelled NV4500. When I saw the shifter location that looked nothing like mine and I noticed that the bellhousing was not integrated into the housing. That also spells NV4500. You are a lucky man though - the NV4500 is a tough tranny! Maybe that explains why you are having trouble getting it to fit - its HUGE.

I know I haven't posted any new pics lately, I didnt want to install the engine and transmission with me doing all this grinding and welding of rust panels. The weather hasn't been the best for me to work either. I have a plan now and if I can get my truck pushed into the backyard I can work on it under my awning.

Jody