View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Dru

Re: anyone using their old ac condenser as a trans cooler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightowl73 View Post

i just rebuilt my trans last night and put it back in this evening. i drove about 25 miles or so doing the speed limit and everything was lovely till i exited. i didnt smell anything but was slipping pretty bad when i pulled out, and a nice lil white cloud of smoke came from under the cab that quickly went away.it straightened up, no slipping about a mile through town, and i got it home and let it cool off and now everything seems fine again.

my truck has always ran at 210 and i think my trans was overheating because of it. no probs driving it like this for a year, but something is wrong and im going to get that temp down, even though ive tried alot of things before with no luck. it runs at 210 no matter what thermostat i put, right now it has a 160 in it.
If your newly rebuilt transmission is slipping, then I would probably imagine something isn't correct inside of it, assuming that you had the fluid full.

I dunno how hot is is in Texas right now..cant imagine its too warm, but 25 miles with an engine at 250+ wouldn't be causing your transmission troubles.

Also, assuming your temp gauge is correct, you shouldn't be running normally at 210. Possibly a clogged radiator, or sediment in the engine block.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote