Thread: buyer beware
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #6
In The Ten Ring

Re: buyer beware

So good that you watched out for your client like that!

I generally won't buy anything unless the seller will insure it during shipment. Last week I lost out on an OEM Honda Accord spoiler I wanted because the seller wouldn't insure it even though I offered to pay for both insurance and extra for their "trouble."

It's OK.....my luck the part would arrive in two pieces!

Speaking of your experience of the dishonest Ebay seller, I once bought a Browning Automatic 5 shotgun from Gunbroker with just gorgeous wood stocks! When I got the shotgun (unboxed it at the FFL in front of the clerk), the stocks were damaged, both forearm and buttstock. I took pictures and compared the pics from the online ad side-by-side with the pics I took. Grain and figure in the wood matched perfectly....it was the same shotgun! The seller had advertised it with older photos.

When I contacted him and presented the evidence he was clearly upset but offered a full refund. When I accepted, he denied the refund and accused me of doing the damage. How nice.

Gunbroker was no help of course, which is their way, even though they claim to offer insurance in case of such things.

Most of my experiences on Gunbroker have been positive but a few sellers have been crooks.

No way in the world would I buy a vehicle without either seeing it myself or having someone I trusted give it a good going over first!

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 09-18-2018 at 10:38 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote