View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Project 'Calico' 72 swb

My new project came about in a way not unlike many others. While looking over the local Craigslist, and seeing an add that read "67-72 bed parts" I was curious, so I called the guy. Turns out he is a board member who is working on his own build. He had several extra parts, so the following night I made the run to check them out. I came home with a full bed minus a tailgate. It was in pieces, but it wet my appetite for a shortwide.

So, while hanging out talking to a friend of mine, and owner of DCTruckparts, Dave, we got to talking about parts, projects, etc... You all know how those conversations go. Well one thing led to another, and before you know it I was hauling this home.

A 72 short bed frame.

Of course that got me to looking for a cab, bed, front clip and all the rest..
Well, I went back to see Dave, and guess what I found lurking in the back lot..

A pretty nice gmc sierra grande BBC A/C cab.

Next it was decision time, what clip did I want to look for. I am partial to the 67-68 look, so back on the hunt I went. Then, a few weeks later I was helping store some parts for Dave, when we struck a deal on a

nice 67 clip..

So that is where we are at. Oh I did pick up a CPP notch kit too. The current plan is to make it a shop truck / driver. But I have Project 50th ahead of it. It will get attention from time to time, but not a constant build as I don't have time to do two at once.

First thing will be to get the notch installed, the get it powder coated.

More to come.

Last edited by Twisted78SS; 08-31-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote