Thread: The Brown Turd
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #47
y5mgisi
Second Chance Program

Re: The Brown Turd

I'll help in any way I can! Just remember, I'm no expert.

As I recall I was averaging 28psi. It fluctuated a lot tho! I was constantly turning it up and down as the pressure in the compressor built and dropped. But when it was at a constant 28 I was good to go. The fan I ran "90%". Basically I wound it all the way out and then back in just until I could see it started to close up. On my gun full fan was only like 2 turns out or something like that anyway. As I recall I think I was 3 turns out on the fluid. And I was using a 1.3 tip. The key to me is definitely allowing yourself to put it on heavier than you think you should, all while trying to avoid runs.

It might sound stupid but one thing that helped me beyond measure was watching a guys videos on YouTube called the gunman. More specifically his gunman raw channel. It's mostly just raw footage on a helmet mounted go pro and you can watch him as he lays down clear that turns into sheets of glass. After studying his videos and taking mental snapshots of his rate of application in conjunction with his other how to videos where he actually explains his techniques was probably one of the biggest factors in me getting food results for a first timer.