View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Looking through the parts board today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
That sums it up pretty well...
You treated me right on a N.O.S. '69 GMC 1/2t hubcap because you knew it was for my collection. The only problem is, it was too nice to hang outside. So it caused me to start an inside collection, too. Thanks a lot!

I have given parts to people because that truck deserved that part. I'm not saying I haven't done well on a part or two. But that was due to buying for a crazy cheap asking price.

I was at an antique truck show that has a small swap meet. There is a couple that sells old truck pictures from magazines framed, but I saw a shiny nice black 69-72 steering wheel. "How much for that wheel?", they told me $35. You better believe I bought it. I didn't need it but that was crazy cheap and it may have been N.O.S. I made good money on that selling to a friend for a fair price (and the offer wasn't $50).

I also needed heads a couple years ago and found a set there complete. They were all done with new springs, 1.94s, 64cc, and all. They were off the guy's show Vega he swapped aluminum heads on to. I couldn't jerk the money out of my pocket fast enough when he said $50! No, I didn't flip them. They were exactly what I needed and went straight onto the truck when I got home. You give me a fair price and I'll pay it, no dickering required.

I hate people trying to beat me up so they can make that money. Often on an item I have held onto for decades and they just run home to list on Ebay. I've had people tell me my price is too high because they can't make anything off that. Hello? I'm the seller and you're the buyer here. Do you want to buy it or not?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote