View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #29
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drburb View Post
Your truck is not ugly at all.
I played around with gold rallies for my project but used Oldsmobile engine gold because that's what I had on the shelf and I like it.

Thank you, and that does look good! Originally I was going to do a lot less body work than I am now, so it was going to be dented up with exposed trim holes just fresh paint - polishing a turd. Now I'm going to actually pull as many dents as I can, get it straight(ish, like the factory,) and spray it with single stage automotive paint rather than implement paint, so LESS ugly. My mechanical plans have changed too - rebuilding the front end completely, inspect and replace if needed the rear leafs - if they're in good shape they might get an add-a-leaf if the lowering springs in the front dont give me the stance I am looking for, and I will probably be going with a 4l60e or 4l80e right off the bat or soon after the swap is done and tested because the fluid color in my th350 is... not great.

Itching to get moving on it, but Im working 250 miles from home, and home just got dumped on by another 6" of snow, so I really need to figure something out to get it inside so I can start tearing it down.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote