View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #47
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Still getting hammered with weather with another 8-12" coming Monday, so no progress on the truck... but parts ordering is happening, and I am working on selling my 4runner so that I can get the Yukon here and order the remainder of the swap parts, including the trans. I'll probably dig the truck out so I can get the dashboard torn down to figure out what I am going to do with my tablet for the gauge cluster.

Decided to sell the old engine and trans combo - I'll pick up a TH400 to back my turbo engine for the race car build (more on that later) with the cash I get from this.

I got my tablet dashboard setup and I'm testing it in my current daily driver. GPS on the tablet is TERRIBLE so I'm just going to use the OBDII speed until I fix the GPS code.

I got my tablet mount in, just need to figure out exactly how I'm going to mount it to the dash/column.

Just found a set of exhaust manifolds off of an envoy - I had almost decided to go with Speedway Engineering shorty headers instead but I paid $100 shipped for the exhaust manifolds so thats a $70 savings over the shorty headers where I wouldn't likely see much benefit anyway.

Still need to figure out tires for the new wheels as well - going with 275/60/17 in the rear and the front tire size is up in the air. Part of me wants to just do 255/60/17's in the front to really fill out the wheel wells and trim whatever I have to to make them fit, part me of me says just do 245/55/17 and not worry about clearance, and gain some additional rake.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote