View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
giles70chevy

Re: Any LT1 350 owners on here?

You'll also have to deal with the AC compressor. They hit the frame, and unless you can re-enforce your frame and pocket it for the compressor, and make some custom motor mounts, then you'll need to relocate it to the driver's side (unless someone else has figured a way to make this work.... and if so, please please tell me because I don't want to move mine). Also, just a bit of information on the motor mounts and the AC compressor.... the motor mounts tabs on the LT1 motor on the passenger side... there are 4 of them, not 3 of them. With the stock setup, the AC compressor has a bracket on the rear of the compressor, and it stabilizes the AC compressor to the block, and the motor mount is bolted just behind the AC compressor. If you want to use stock motor mounts like me, so you can just drop it in your truck, just remove the AC compressor and mount your motor mounts to the front 3 bolt holes. You can buy the AC delete piece and/or get the drivers side mount for the AC compressor. I've been looking at getting the Corvette accessory mounts, but they are a little pricey for me (on a budget). Anyway, if you do decide to move your AC compressor to the driver's side, make sure you adjust your wiring harness to do the same.
giles70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote