View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Re: Any ideas how to keep people from driving on my lawn?

When I was a wee lad of a boy, we had an alley that ran from our street to the next one over.
We had a neighbor, who shall be respectively referred to as Mr. Buttmunch

To access his driveway, he had to turn left, into the alley off the street next to our house.
He invariably thought it was funnier that sh.., all get out, to cut the corner short and drive across a portion of our back yard.
I'm not exaggerating, my dad put a BIG ROCK about 2 1/2'-3' in diameter at that corner.
That stopped that problem.

After Mr. Buttmunch drove to the end of his driveway, he had to make a hard, right, 90 degree turn to get into his garage.
To get out of his garage, he would simply back out of his garage, & into our yard; so he could make a right turn to go out his driveway to the alley.

My dad put a 1/2 dozen, or so, 4" "crash poles" in our yard, directly opposite his garage.
"Have fun backing all the way out, Mr. BM. Especially in the slippery, slidy snow."

I hope these 2 little ideas may have helped you.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck

Last edited by El Jay; 10-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote