View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Re: Educate me: Why does GM have both GMC and Chevrolet divisions making trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70blackfish View Post
my 69 GMC has coil rear suspension, i this rare?
has 1 piece driveshaft too. 250 /6
Yeah,somewhat. This has always confused me. About every GMC you see has leaf and Chevy coils. Leafs were an option for either. Not sure why they didn't just make GMCs have leaf standard with coils an option,because that's really how it turned out.

I just wish they made cool hi-performance GMC stuff like valve covers from back then. I have a set of those M/T fined aluminum valve covers that had black wrinkle finish. I stripped then to bare aluminum and in that long flat blank area (always wondered why they did that. Kills the look) I'm going to have "Sierra Grande" cut,just like the bedside emblems. There's a knock-out with "Chevrolet" I need to address,either replace or just stick a GMC medallion over it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote