View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
FirstOwner69

Re: Guess that clip, clamp, retainer, etc.

The following is based on my '69 with 350 and TH400. Big blocks, sixes and years may differ.

#3- My truck has a black rubber coated version to retain the front harness to the firewall between the engine side of the fuse block and where the harness passes between the inner and outer fenders.

#4- back of alternator.

#7- Used to retain the positive battery cable to the lip of the oil pan as it passes to the starter

#10- Can't tell for sure but that type in various sizes is used to hold the parking brake cable to the inner fender, the fuel line to the frame (in at least one place), etc.

#s 8, 9 11- possibly for wires. For example, one something like #11 is used at the side of the water pump on my 350 to retain the wire that runs to the temperature sensor that is mounted in the left head. That wire is encased inside a fabric loom.

The transmission lines are not secured to the engine or frame in any manner. I don't believe that would be a good idea as they would be twisted/flexed every time the engine "rocks" under acceleration. The clip on the lines only holds the lines together as they run from the transmission to the radiator.

The top picture (front of engine to the right) shows the positive cable clips and a transmission line clip installed. The second and third pictures show the positive cable clips, an additional clip and my notes regarding placement of those clips. The fourth picture shows the front harness clip and the clip on the parking brake cable. In the fourth picture you can see another similar "J" clip holding a red 12 gauge wire. That wire is the hot positive that is part of the camper wiring option. That particular clip is upside down and, if I remember correctly, has been since the truck was new.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 06-25-2017 at 06:53 PM.
FirstOwner69 is online now   Reply With Quote