Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #227
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

radiator fan reassembled after paint - ready to be reinstalled

Stock trans lines shortened with compression to an fittings added since the summit racing 37 degree tool just couldnt seem to get a good looking flare on the steel line.. didnt want to buy another 120$ tool..

One tip, when test fitting lines with rubber and clamps, cut a spare section and slit it so the hose goes on with no resistance and then hose clamp it.. make it so much easier to r/i.

Another tip is if you have a 45 degree fairing tool kit, the first step in the 45 degree process makes a nice bubble flare.. the size can be tweaked by how much its tightened down

Finally finished with the transmission lines for the second time!

I used a few nut-certs to install it to the core support

About time for final reassembly of the sheet metal, fluids, brake lines and fan wiring. The delphi 59 double crimper puts a nice crimp on the 8ga wire, but I imagine it's not enough force for a proper crimp (which will cause resistance, which causes heat, which causes fires) so I will solder the crimp too.. cant seem to find a affordable crimper.

Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote