Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #230
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Made some progress and went backwards a bit. After putting all the other engine bay stuff in, the passenger front ran out of room, pretty dang cluttered and with my choice in artery, it's in the way of the stock coolant reservoir..

I had to raise the battery tray up 1 inch because of the bigge battery and my projector headlights

So, separated the battery tray again and folded it the other way.

I should have done this mod for the LS swap... oh well.. trying to find a clean battery distribution setup.. it doesn't look like the first picture.. I've got a part on the way to solve 2 cables.. relocated another and I'm down to 2 at the battery but still got the fan wire to add...

Machined down the frame brake line fitting adapters. There not designed for frame rail thickness. Mine are now

Used my homemade mini "lathe" powered by my drill press, bolt and an o-ring.. sounds sketchy, but it wasn't and it worked great. Just need to spray paint the groove since its steel and it will rust otherwise.

I could have made a sheetmetal bracket and welded it to the frame but this was my first choice and worked and was less work

Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 01-01-2019 at 03:04 PM.
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote