View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #98
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Yeah, you did not see it in the pic because I did not brace the cab opening. I will definitely do that on the other side, and I will not install the rocker arm until I install the door. I need to put the cab back on it's real frame before I put doors on. I don't think the cab has enough support for the weight of the doors sitting on the cart I made.

How much of an issue is this likely to cause me?
It's hard to say but I would not do any more cutting or moving the cab around that could effect the structure until you put some bracing in. It don't have to be elaborate, I used a single piece of 1x1 sq tubing. Here's a pic of how I did mine. In the second pic I brace it from side to side. That is only required if you remove the floor and cowl leaving the "A" Pillar without lateral support. I dont think you will need to do that.

One thing you will need to do is make sure you fit those doors before you weld in that rocker fully or you could have major fitment issues with your doors. FYI if you have not bought your rockers yet, go with Tri-Plus as they seem to be the better ones of the bunch. You may still need to tweak them a little to make them perfect. Just the reality of aftermarket parts.

Anyway, hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

Tranny work is something I have shied away from in the past but it's something that I have on my "bucket list" once I get up the courage..

Steve

Name:  SANY0117sm.JPG
Views: 1281
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  SANY0118sm.JPG
Views: 1239
Size:  18.8 KB

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote