View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #90
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
I have a few ideas for you, if you dont mind.

1. Get the RACOR 645 Spin-on fuel filter/water separator. It will save you money and your engine will last longer.

2. While you have the engine out of the truck, upgrade it before you get the S/C.

3. ARP 6.5 diesel head studs

4. DSG Stud girdle kit

5. DSG Gear drive timing (If money is no option)

6. Replace your stock weak cast nodular iron crankshaft with either a cast steel($400 stonger than stock) or a forged steel($1000 and strongest) one.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. If you want the links to any of these parts let me know. Which supercharger kit are you buying? Are you building your own?
Thanks i allready have plans for a custom build Mech 6.5 for it i just need to find a good block and heads

Got my patch panel from my old cabs roof just got to weld it in and im done with the left side of the cab

now only have the holes for the roof lights, passenger rear door jam very bad and one slight hole in the rockers also got to weld in the cab support and im done with rust.

theres light at the end of the thunnel now

Little Teaser

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote