View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
chtr65

Re: Would like review of Steele vent window rubber 64-66

I did a vent window rebuild on my 65 last year using the Steele rubber. Without trying any of the others on the market, I would have to say that Steele rubber is a good bet. I have always believed there rubber seals to be a better fit than most. The vent rubbers fit extremely well, and when compared to my original they were a perfect match. As far as the open space between the seal and the door, my originals were that way before they were removed. You will also notice that the division bar also sits back from the door about the same distance. It shows on your photo as well as being the same on my truck. You could easily fix this with a strip of black sealer tape, rolled round. I thought about doing that to my truck. But at present I have not done it yet. Probably because I don't get my truck wet. As far as the rivets go, I used the rivet kit from LMC. I did use a small stainless steel washer on the bottom side. I think this did help to tighten the rivet up. The stainless steel washer looks natural and correct, although it is not. Hope this helps.
chtr65 is offline   Reply With Quote