View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 01:19 AM   #9
Overdriven

Re: Brake help lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by External View Post
I am in the middle of replacing my brake system.
I noticed your brake bleeding order. Passenger rear then driver rear.
On my truck the brake lines go from the front to the passenger rear, then over to the driver side rear. Now correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't one start the bleeding process at driver rear? I see an opportunity for trapped air. What do you think?
When bleeding you always start with the wheel that’s furthest from the master cylinder as a general rule. For most vehicles, the brake lines are plumbed in a way that this works out, with the T fitting on the rear axle being on the drivers side of the axle. Sounds like your truck has the axle T fitting on the passenger side of the axle making the drivers side rear the longest plumbing route from the master cylinder. If that’s the case then for your truck you should start bleeding with the drivers side rear.

As much as I hate doing things twice I typically will do each corner twice, pass rear, drivers rear, pass rear again, driver rear again, and so on. Much rather bleed each corner twice than put it back on the ground and have the pedal go soft on the test drive.