View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 01:10 AM   #30
Mr_Rich

Re: New engine for 94 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LSLB View Post
He’s going with the stock TBI long block. I bought him an Airaid cold air system and ordered the GP100S-c Gibson headers for him. What should he have done with the EGR hookup as these headers don’t look to come with one?
He’s trying to decide what exhaust to have installed. He wanted to go 3” duals and I told him no way should he do that, not required for that little horsepower and it would kill low end torque. I’m thinking a 2.5 from the headers welded to a 3 inch that runs to a Magnaflow muffler and then if he wanted something different come out of the muffler with a Y that has 2 chrome pipes out to the rear bumper.
EGR is not an issue as far as exhaust headers are concerned. A '94 should be similar to my '89 and the EGR ports off the intake side of the cyl. head to the EGR port on the intake manifold. I have a 350 w/headers in place of my orig. 305 and I have a Hypertech chip that was required to make the truck driveable.
I was just wondering; what year did the Vortec heads debut? Was it after '95 or am I mistaken?
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C

Last edited by Mr_Rich; 02-04-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote