View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #38
Cdubvw

Re: Heavy vibrations

UPDATE!!!

So after taking a break with this issue and talking with the guy who balanced the shaft I decided that the driveshaft was not the issue... so I put a new transmission mount and of course it did not solve the issue. But hey new mount! Next I moved on to the tires again... since the issue is dependent on speed not rpms or anything else, the faster I go the faster the tires spin right? So I swapped the front tires to the back and figured I might as well throw the old drums back on so rule them out. The new rear drums looked to be of good quality and were from Napa. Upon removing the rear drums I observed that one had balancing weights and the other did not. Hmm grab my old made in USA drums and both had weights ( reason they were removed was because they did not have enough surface to machine ) torque the wheels down and rip it. 20...30...40...50 bracing for the shaking now.... 60....70.... wait what’s going on! No shaking!!! The thing is driving nice and smooth! Wow so I’m pretty stoked at this point.

So I still have to swap the rear wheels back and make sure it wasn’t the tires or wheels but I’m pretty confident that the drums were causing this mess. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.

Thanks for the help guys 👍
Cdubvw is offline   Reply With Quote