View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #1054
chevybuilder18

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Well fellas this might be one of few updates for a nice while.

I do have a couple of items I have going into consideration right now. Budget will be limited as you guys know do to the wedding.

I would like to have my truck in attendance at my wedding if I'm able to do it, so a couple products I'm going to buy while I'm on my little journey with work I'm going to buy me a lowering kit and leave bagging the truck till later in life and maybe a project to do with my kid. So going to go after a 4-4.5/6 drop also going to try to get a bed, and if money is okay going to try and get it all painted red.

So please guys cross you fingers for me as I attempt this journey, again like I said I would like to have it ready for my wedding and have it there with me if possible.

I also have started to consider doing away with my good ole faithful chevy 350 and looking into an ls1 with some mods, or throw a ls3 waiting to see prices before I want to make the decision.
Congrats on the kid! I like how you wanna lower it, before so I recomend new tie rods and sleeves, maybe get it realigned, LS3?! I'd say look into the 6.0, loads cheaper, wanna keep it carbed get the LS1-4.8/5.3/6.0 edelbrock intake and msd ignition contoller pack from summit for $850, the controller plugs right in. 6.0 is an option if your looking for any power, 325 hp, 9.5:1 comp on aluminum heads. Cheaper to buy but one piece of advise when swapping one in, get rid of the manifolds and egr cause they don't clear the frame. Stick an ls6 cam in and put some ls6 aka yellow springs in and your good to go for 420 hp brute power plant.
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote