Thread: Dropmember C4
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #25
PBFAB.COM

Re: DropmemberC4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCGRANDS View Post
I have a few questions . Does the C4 member include the engine mounts for a Gen 3 (LSX) engine? I noticed in the dropmember thread you weld the mount on for the steering shaft support, is this done on this kit as well? How about a front swaybar? If draging frame is not a goal what mods are required to the floor hump or cab floor? Can wider front wheels be run to bring the track width closer to stock without negative effects to handling? Do you build a header for this application or have a suggested manufactor that will work? As the truck gets lower the wheels move closer to the firewall, will this kit keep the wheels centered in the wheel wells? I for one am glad to see someone interested in handling. Sorry for the long post. Thks
The Dropmember C4 will be offered with mounts for the increasingly popular LSX engines. The LS engines take up a little more space than the traditional small block and clearances are at a premium. The LS motors will fit without firewall clearance problems. The steering shaft is tricky, and I can mock it up for you in my shop truck before shipping (if you are using a stock or stock replacement column) I will have a better idea of header to steering clearances in the next few weeks (we are installing this same combo in a 71 blazer... full C4 and an LS motor). All the floor needs is the large hump tranny tunnel. The rear of the cab should not require any mods if you do not intend to do extreme lowering. The wheel offset will have an effect on the scrub radius (let me know what backspacing you intend to run and I can tell you how much of an effect). Sway bar is a must... I can offer some better input as we move forward on the Blazer project. The wheels do move towards the cab in compression. I set it up to have the center-line slightly forward of the wheel opening center-line and at full compression it is pretty close to center (see pics).

Hopefully I answered all the questions. If you have more, don't hesitate to ask.
Attached Images

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson