View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
muddstir

Re: Offroad lawnmower

Knowing that it would take alot of modifing to fit that motor on the stock frame, i decided to make a new stronger frame incorperating all the stock mounts for the body to keep the stock look. If im making a stronger frame for it why not go full suspension on it, and what goes good with suspension goes better with 4x4. So my plan was born. Since the stock frame was stamped like a tray if figured i use c-channel for frame rails instead of tube frame to try to keep some what of a stock look. So i figured some drawings out for the channel frame in headed into work where i made it like this

i picked out 11ga sheetmetal to make the frame rails and all the cross braces to tie them together. I sheared them to size out of a sheet of metal

Name:  Copy of DSCF2581.JPG
Views: 2337
Size:  92.4 KB

Then i made a program on the turret punch and ran the strips of metal that i sheared to make the frame rails. It mainly notched the corners and put some holes it them.

Name:  Copy of DSCF0100.JPG
Views: 2311
Size:  94.7 KB
I then went to the brake press and bent up all the sides to make the channel.

Name:  Copy of DSCF0095.JPG
Views: 2284
Size:  95.1 KB
Last was the welder were i clamped and bolted together thn welded it all up. (With using the polaris motor i had to cut the engine bay frame rails out and widen it out to fit the chain case and clutch assembly. )
Name:  Copy of DSCF0105.JPG
Views: 2435
Size:  75.5 KB
muddstir is offline   Reply With Quote