View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #70
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Since I don't have a sand blaster, I took a paint remover wheel from Harbor Freight and applied it to the rear pillar to see what the metal looks like. I really like these wheels, except that they wear out extremely quickly, and at $5 a pop, that can get expensive.

Anyway, the metal looks in pretty good shape, except that there is a small piece missing due to rust, and when I cut into the rocker panel, I cut into the pillar as well. At first glance, I really don't understand how you cut off the cab corners without cutting into the pillar.

I will wait until my replacement pillar arrives, and either repair part or all of it.

I was really impressed that I was able to remove the screws on the cab support without too much effort. I was expecting them to be rusted together and have to cut it off.

Does anyone know what the bracket in the parts tray is for? It was one of those things where I put it aside thinking I would bag and label it in a little while, and never did. I was working on prepping the cab for removal, so I would guess it has to do with the steering column or master cylinder, but I truly can't remember.
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote