View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #70
Killer Bee

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

I get what a lot of you guys are saying.. but I still take issue [in general] with the younger folks attitudes and demeanor these days..

I don't go to a parts house for service advice, I gladly pay shop rates in excess of $100/hr for trained mechanics for that..

I do expect courtesy and attention while I'm there spending my money and that alone is falling shorter and shorter by the day..

I also expect a parts house employee to know the difference between an oil filter and a headlight but not at all concerned with their technical knowledge..

I am sympathetic with technical difficulties, computer software glitches, new employee training, etc.

I take instructions from my doctor, warnings from my pharmacists, but the kid in Rite-Aid only needs to know what aisle it's on and how much it costs and that's it..

my experiences with social dealings and customer service with young adults these days generally makes me cringe..

I wouldn't have survived to adulthood living in my parents house behaving the way a lot of these youngsters do..