View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
CSHADES

Re: Special 1946 project

so this is what I started with. When I bought it, the guy told me when he found it the cabinets were sitting outside in the dirt and the work bench was in the shop. I ended up replacing the bottom 4 inches of the cabinets and the bottom shelf. The work bench top was actually very straight and dent free. I had to wire brush the rust off and sand it until it was clean and shiny. The peg board that mounts behind the bench was damaged pretty heavily. The peg board had a 4 inch hole in the center that was poorly made by drilling small holes in a circle and then cut out. I cut out the damaged part and welded in a patch but was not happy with the result. You can see the patch right in the center in the rusty area. I also ended up making a new toe kick for the front of the work bench because over the years it had been beat up badly from moving it and what ever else they did to it. The good news was the it gave me an excuse to buy a spot welder to attach the new toe kick to the bench and some of the other pieces.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote