View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #9
blackbart63mule

Re: Picking a primer and paint

3M Accuspray is a great set-up. Just got some Tamco DTA epoxy primer (direct to anything, aluminum, galvanized, chrome, but not Ospho rust remover, unless it is completely removed, and not over Single Stage coatings. My plan is to spray this over bare metal, do bodywork, sandwich body work w/ same epoxy, then, adding reducer to the primer and using this to seal it. Probably going to use their hi-build primer also, before sealing. Will sand before spraying each layer. This is gonna be a urethane job, will probably clear coat it, too. THESE ARE ALL 2 STAGE PRODUCTS, NOT compatible with lacquer, enamel, alkyd, oil, SINGLE STAGE paint products. I chose tamcopaint.com because I spent a heck of a long time trying to figure this out. You can ask them anything and they take the time to explain, they have excellent video’s explaining it ALL, it’s a family business, I believe they sell quality products they make in house. The basecoat is really spendy, but they admit that you can use other makes of basecoat, as long as it’s 2 stage. I’m planning on using 3, maybe 4 tones of the same color basecoat, and an accent/trim(?) contrast color.

Last edited by blackbart63mule; 11-13-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: 4got to answer last post! added additional info.
blackbart63mule is offline   Reply With Quote