View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #45
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. Mine looked about the same at 100K, as far as the dirt. I ran the intake through the parts cleaner at work and it cleaned up pretty well. I would ditch the foam baffles on each end, as they tend to collect all of that mess. I can also relate to no time to work on the truck with a baby involved. Mine turns 1 on Friday.
Well happy birthday to him/her!! My 4 month old son is a trip and is growing too fast!!

I am going to clean it up as good as I can w/ brake cleaner or purple power. I got a new gasket kit coming with new knock sensor wiring harness and knock sensors. Figured I may as well replace while I was there.

Really don't use the foam pads? I saw them and was like what in the hell are these for?

I do have sometime to get out and get some stuff done. Mostly on saturdays and sundays but if the wife and the baby tuck in early I slip outside and try to get as much done as possible. If I had more lighting I would probably be out there till midnight! I love doing this and I am having a ton of fun. So excited to swap all this in my 87 4x4!
NastyBuzzard is online now   Reply With Quote