View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #271
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

its a 10 footer for sure. I was going to spend some time with some filler to do small areas like the scratch on the door and the gas filler low spot, but then I sprayed some paint on the bed rails and hooollll eeeee shoot. I would grow old filling and sanding. I am going to stick to my original plan of a one-color squirt. this isnt a restoration, more taking something useless and ready for the shredder and making it useful again. some will undoubtedly disagree. I will send those guys refunds.

running boards: the truck was a flatbed so it had the shorty running boards. the bed trailer had the rest, it was a matter of measuring once, cutting twice, and putting them together.

IMG_2469 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2471 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2474 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2477 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I know there are lots of ways to make running board mounts but I havent ever done anything but use the original mounts trimmed to fit the s10 frame.

IMG_2507 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2509 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
56633709204__904D0FCB-C846-4693-B8C9-7C0889735BBE by Joe Doh, on Flickr

worked on the lights too. the 98+ trucks use a ground triggered dual bulb setup for high/low/DRL so I dont try to fight it. I use a dual bulb headlight and modify the buckets to use the new retainer.

IMG_2512 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2511 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the ring fits correctly, its just not screwed on.

and in the cosmic balance, there is only one constant. first, the rad showed signs of leaking.

IMG_2499 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

second, I wetsanded the dash with some 2k and the can of crystal clear enamel I took off the shelf actually just said enamel, so I put a nice black stripe on the dash. quitting time.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote