View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: HOWTO: Great electric fan setup!

To start, remove and drain your radiator.

Next, decide if you're going to mount your fans on the front of the radiator (between grill and radiator, pushing air), or on the back of the radiator (between engine and radiator, pulling air). These Flex-A-Lite fans support both setups. Most fans are mounted and wired out-of-the-box to pull air if you put (+) power to the red wire and (-) ground to the black wire. Be sure to read the instructions for the fan you choose to figure out whether you just need to flip the fan blade *or* reverse the polarity of the wiring to convert the fan from a puller into a pusher in case you require this for your setup.

Test fit the shroud over the radiator. I lined mine up on the top and bottom rail of the radiator, then used the 'quick clamps' I have for woodworking to clamp it at the top and bottom.

Then I drilled some pilot holes for the self-tapping screws (makes life easier), and did an initial seating of the shroud using the screws and washers. You can see in the pictures below how the shroud fits over the core itself and butts up against the rail on top and bottom of the radiator.

Once you've test-fitted your shroud, pull it off again to mount the fans.
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.