View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #122
jkade

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
The good 700r4 that I have is staying with my truck for right now since it gets actually driven a lot more than the Blazer. I'm probably just gonna use the TH350 behind it for the time being and swap out later for a 4L60E or T56.

The wheels would fit perfectly on a 71-72 truck. The 67-70 had a slightly narrower track width, but a front disc swap and a late rear axle would remedy that. Actually, the Dropmember was originally purchased with the intent of installing it in the truck, but I just couldn't resist putting the Blazer down on the ground... I may just do the simple bag set-up that was on the Blazer before and toss-in the 427 I have sitting on a stand; that's a ways off though, and plans tend to change a lot 'round here

It will be a while, but I will detail the install in another thread. I already had a 6.0 build thread going before I decided to do all the suspension work- I'll link to it from here and continue there when the time comes.

Yeah, these engines are the $h!t- my buddy just got done putting in a 5.3 with a TR220 cam and long tubes in his '66 pickup- and man, it will get it. The tranny will likely be a TH350 for now and I'm using the factory harness that I removed all the unnecessary wires from. I'll be sure to hit you up if I reach any snags now that I know you have a completed conversion under your belt. I've spent a lot of time researching the swap and don't think I'll hit any major obstacles, but you never know...

Sounds like you have done your homework. I am trying to get where I can put a video or two on my computer from the camcorder Maybe in a week or two I will have some footage. Bad thing is the alt. went out on it and I am waiting for my replacement to get here so I haven't been able to do a burnout in a week now Are you going to buy a tci flexplate or use a 98 ls1 plate?
Looking Good
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote