View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #191
da_bears_da1

Re: [B]65 Stepside Frame off Resto[/B]

Ever since I assembled my front end I have been concerned with how the inner fender matches up with the fender on the driver's side. When I first tried to assemble them I had a problem getting those two to line up. The fender did not line up with the inner fender at all to start with. I could only get one bolt in.

So I drilled new holes in the inner fender to make them more towards the outer edge. I then assembled and got them together. The fender does line up with the door and radiator support and grill support but what bothered me was the gap between the vertical inner edge on the fender and the inner fender. Pictures probably tell the story

Here is the passenger's side which turned out well.

Name:  DSC_0450Small.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  72.3 KB

Here is the driver's side which did not look good.

Name:  DSC_0451Small.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  68.5 KB

I hate throwing away a new part I just bought but every time I looked at the truck I would frown seeing how the driver's side looked. Thanks to Don, I realized that Top Banana sells the inner fenders and given their good reputation on this forum I decided to order a new inner fender from them. The ones I bought were from Classic Industries and this was the first "bad" part I got from them. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope the Top Banana part is better.

Now I get to take the front end apart, again (thanks Forrest Gump), and try to get it to look better with the new part.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote