View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #66
LDO

Re: Black Betty - How it all started

Well,
I've been gathering parts here and there for my front suspension rebuild. The PO took a set of CPP 3" drop springs and cut 2" more off of them. The look of the drop is great but it really did a number on the suspension geometry.

I managed to obtain all my parts from members here on this forum. I get a good deal and the seller gets some $$ in their pocket so it's win win!!

- I decided to go with a Mcgaughy's 13" big brake kit. Got it from Blazin C5 who did a great job with the shipping and was really quick.

- Picked up a set of Upper & Lower Control Arms and a center link from Hartrod that were already upgraded with 73-87 ball joints.

- Gringoloco hooked me up with all the inner & outer tie rod ends I needed along with idler & pitman arms. Also great shipping and quick turnaround.

Been a little under the weather lately but I couldn't just let all these parts sit without giving them some attention prior to install. Since I know how much everyone likes pictures, here they are.

Before:

After:

I promised the wife I would stay within budget this time (yeah sure) but she did allow me a little bling of course.

I'll start my install soon so keep an eye out for the update!
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote