View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #16
Originalthor

Re: 1968 Chevrolet "Slow" and "Quiet" Build

The back seam. How does one get to those welds. All lot of ideas came to mind. Non of which was gonna turn out good until I thought to my self well I do have access to buy another cab screw it take a chisel to it and see what happens. Well between a flat bar, half inch wide chisel, grinder, and cheap nail puller pry bar body clip remover screw driver it did the trick with very little damage.

I took the Screw driver and beat it into the seam closest to the drip edge and found where 3 of the spot welds were. At the same time having the front held up by a screw driver to give a little up ward pressure. Then I took my flat bar and wiggled it back and forth to open it up to fit the grinder disk in there and start carving. That's where most of the damage happens but nothing a hammer and dolly cant fix. Did that to both sides.

Now for the long back seam was pretty easy going just time consuming. I took my cheap screw driver and held it parallel to the roof and beat it along until i found the spot weld and went past a couple of inches and then stuck my chisel in where the last spot weld was. Took the flat bar and wiggled it between the spot welds till it was wide enough to fit my cut off wheel in and cut out the spot weld. Five and a half hours later I have one cab missing a outer roof panel and one perfectly fine outer roof panel.
Attached Images

Originalthor is offline   Reply With Quote