View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #21
Originalthor

Re: 1968 Chevrolet "Slow" and "Quiet" Build

Well after a busy winter spring and a fire in my back yard I'm finally back to work on this thing.

I got a little unmotivated when I found out that the vin I have for the truck is write off and needs two inspections so I cant do as much I wanted to do off the start. I basically got to build it to somewhat of a factory truck get it inspected then rip it apart again to do what I want to do. I tried the other two truck vins but they both are titled as salvaged and sold for parts and can never be registered. oh well such as life. Cant complain to much for getting 3 free trucks.

Then to top things off I had some yahoo start a fire in my back yard early spring and take out all my tires, kids play house/shed , fence, two 40 foot pine trees and a bunch of other stuff. So the good old very well organized garage got filled with bikes, lawn mower, and junk. Then we get a meat head for a insurance adjuster and takes 5 months to settle with them. Used up all my holidays for the rebuild of the back yard and I got a garage back

I also bought a boat that need some good old tender loving care. That ate up a lot of the summer aswell. Fix a couple of holes, gave it a polish, rebuild carbs, rebuild trailer, all that good stuff. But its gonna look sweet behind the chevy once I get it done.

I got the daughter out and she helped me strip down the front fenders. It was like a science project for her. Paint on the stripper and watch it curl and bubble up. Heres the weird thing takes the blue paint off like nothing no work what so ever. The red on the other hand barely touches it. Why?

Me well I got a little crazy and decided to make the truck a convertible. After a couple I decided that it was going to be easier to fix the pillars good that is was easier take the inner roof skin off. And there was rust starting on the back seem aswell so crazy not to clean that up.

Time for pictures. Not many but its a start to hopefully a lot more this winter.
Attached Images

Originalthor is offline   Reply With Quote