View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #24
68Gold/white

Re: 1968 Chevrolet "Slow" and "Quiet" Build

So, is there a "good" answer in sight, concerning the VIN ordeal???

I have one 67 C10 and one 68 C10. The 68 is mine, I drove it some from 1980 to 1996, been parked since.

I bought the 67 in 2002 without engine/trans. I got a title from the seller, had been signed over twice....not notarized... not a good thing.

Very fortunately I have a friend that works for a towing company. He was able to (with permission from business owner) claim my pickup as an abandoned vehicle that was towed in.

There is a process (in Oklahoma mind you...) through the DMV he found pevious legal owner. The tow co. sends a registered letter to previous owner, to come get vehicle, or let it go.

The previous car lot was no longer in business, registered letter returned. Then he was able to apply for title in my name....I MAY NOT have some of these facts straight, but this is approximately how I got my 67 titled to me. May not be same in Canada.

IF it could possibly be done, it might cost you some $$$, who knows how much. AND the fact that a tow company would be doing this for an outsider, it may be tough to get someone to help you with this kind of a situation................
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote