View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #56
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Blasting cabinet arrived late this afternoon and I was so busy putting it into action that I forgot to take a picture. That's it hiding under the tarp in this nighttime pic. Thank goodness there's no rain in the forecast for the next week, 'cause I didn't have the energy to clear room for it in the garage tonight. Anyway, it's not in brand-new condition but not trash, either. Missing the latches to keep it closed, but those are easily replaced. Disappointed with how VERY crappy the stand is, but it's apparently good enough to do its job so I'll shut up about that, too. One really great thing about the deal is that it came with a brand-new Dee Blast gun, same exact setup I bought earlier this year from Sears for around $70. Nice!

Went right to work blasting some parts. Attached is a pic of a few of them. One of the door latches was run quickly through the wire brush machine (fine) just for fun after blasting with Black Diamond slag. Really pleased with the results so far. That cabinet is gonna be money VERY well spent!

You may also notice the CPP box the stuff is sitting on. Got my front and rear swaybars and front end kit from Classic Performance today, courtesy of Brown Santa.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 08-05-2008 at 11:02 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote