View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #60
Ackattack

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Been spending most of the past few days happily blasting away in my new cabinet. I suppose the fun will wear off after awhile, but not yet!

Had a couple vacation days Tues-Wed this week and worked short days Thurs-Fri so I got more done than usual. Probably the biggest (or most significant) progress so far has been my settling on a drivetrain. For several years I've had an LS1 and T56 from a '99 Z28 waiting in the wings, originally earmarked for my '64 project. However, I've pretty much decided that the engine at least is going in the '72 instead. Today I picked up a 4L60E with 5K miles on a professional rebuild for little more than the cost of a core. It also included a Derale pan and Energy Suspension mount. Score! Now I have to figure out the computer situation since the computer I have is for the 6-speed, but I'll head over to LS1Tech for that discussion.

Here's a pic just to show off a bit. :-)
I think you just have to repin the computer a little, and reflash the computer. The toughest part may be finding the transmission connector. Another option would be to swap harnesses with someone who wants a six speed. I'm sure you'll find your answer on LS1tech.

I see your camaro in the background...nice. I've had 3 LS1 Trans Ams/Formula and now a corvette, plus my 5.3L crewcab; and now my 68 that I have a 5.3L sitting in it now, but I have a LS6 block that needs rebuilt on the engine stand (guy I bought it from bent a connecting rod!). I couldn't pass up $165 for an LS6 block/crank

Last edited by Ackattack; 08-09-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote