View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #11
msg

Re: Fixin Dixie - 66 Short Bed Fleetside- Diary

05-04-2014

The electrician came out and double checked his work and ran the compressor and saw that it was getting a constant 240. So I then called Engersoll Rand and luckily had til May 23 of this year on the warranty cause they sent out a tech and found it blew a head gasket.

I was not too happy to know the usage I have given it the past 2 months caused that. Seems like typical stuff, DA sanding, Grinding mostly. I might call to see what the cost of an extended warranty is.

Then back to work on the driver fender.
Cut out the base of the bracket to make sure if anything does happen to wash in that it has a better chance of getting out. Then did the bracket gap filling (seam sealer coming soon) Then after much tacking, planishing, grinding, and hammer and dolly got the patch panel in place. Kept going back and forth mounting and checking, ended up having the same 1/4 inch drop issue even though I measured and checked many times but finally got it lined up.Next steps are to sand these more completely and learn how to use this paint gun I have to shoot some epoxy primer front and back.
Attached Images