View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
Coley

Smile Re: Pictures of 1967-72 motorhomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01chevduramax View Post
Thanks!
I can take no credit for it. A man named Gary gets that. It's got 50,000 original miles. And everything inside minus the furnace is original. I am not ashamed to admit I paid $12,000 for it. At first I was sure I wouldn't pay more than $8,000. Then I got some good advice on this forum. after last summers camping adventures with my 3 kids, wife, and trusty Trigger the dog, I'll tell you I didn't pay enough for it!
Another positive way to look at the purchase is that it will probably be one of the only RV's in your town that is actually going up in value every day, every year....rather than down.
That certainly doesn't happen with the new ones...which start to devalue pretty quickly.
....and that constant gain in value helps offset some of the gas costs that the older units are challenged with...lol.
So darn it....get out there and enjoy that thing!....it looks great but you may spend half your trip fending off campground fans...lol, not that that is a bad thing.

All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500